You want to write a book to raise your profile, to funnel new leads into your business, grow your credibility and to reach more people with your soulwork. And also because being an author is a huge dream of yours.
But the whole getting a publishing deal thing is SUCH a competitive process, with so many gatekeepers and delays, that you keep on putting it off. Why on earth invest time in writing a book now that might take years to get a deal.
You've thought about self publishing but, isn't that vanity publishing? Will any take you seriously. And can a self-published book really compete on the same playing field as the bestselling authors in your niche?
Erm... yes. You absolutely can publish your own successful and bestselling book that does all the things you want it to do. In fact, if you're a business owner with an audience and an existing market, self publishing is a savvy strategy.
So what does professionally self publishing your book actually look like, and how can you make sure you don't fall down the common pitfalls many self published authors make?
That's what we're talking about in this episode.
Press play to find out:
- The difference between a bestselling and successful book (they are not necessarily always the same thing)
-Why many successful authors choose self publishing first (and many trad authors are going indie)
- The true measure of success of a book (and it's not always just numbers of copies sold)
- The difference between DIY and professional self-publishing - what are your options?
- What the self-publishing process actually looks like
- What DIY and what to outsource
- Some of the best self-publishing resources to support you
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY GROUP BOOK WRITING PROGRAM THE SOUL WORKS ATELIER GO HERE
Here are links to some of the tools I talk about on the show: